The 5th INTERNATIONAL NEW TECHNOLOGIES AND PRODUCTS FAIR
8-10 April 2009
Croatian Cultural Centre Sušak, Strosmayerova 1, Rijeka
„Energy Supplies, Health and Global Warming"
08 April 2009 11:00 – 12:00 h
PANEL 1 – Energy Supplies (Energy Prospects of Croatia)
08 April 2009 12:00 – 14:00 h
Moderator : Zmagoslav Prelec, Prof. PhD, Faculty of Engineering Rijeka
- Damir Polančec – Deputy PM and Minister of Economy, Labour and Entrepreneurship
Topic: " The Energy Development Strategy for the Republic of Croatia"
- Neven Duić – Prof. PhD, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture Zagreb, Power Plants, Energy Supply and Ecology Institute
Topic: "Review of the 20-20-20 Energy Strategy by 2020 – Energy supplies key to better jobs and regional development"
- Igor Dekanić – PhD, professor at the Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petroleum Engineering
- Topic: "The Energy Security of Croatia and Supply Routes for Future Energy Imports"
Zlatko Komadina – county head of the Primorje-Gorski Kotar County
Topic: "Energy Policy of the Primorje-Gorski Kotar County "
PANEL 2 – Health (Increase in malignancies, where do we stand?)
08 April 2009 17:00 – 19:00 h
Moderator: Zlatko Trobonjača, Prof. PhD, professor at the School of Medicine Rijeka
- Kabalin Milena MSc. – School of Medicine, Department of Social Medicine and Epidemiology
Topic: "Health Indicators in the Primorje-Gorski Kotar County – What needs to be done"
- Vladimir Mićović Prof. PhD - head of the Institute of Public Health of the Primorje- Gorski Kotar County
Topic: "Presentation of Movements in Leading Cancer Sites in the Primorje-Gorski Kotar County for the Period from 1995 to 2007"
- Krešimir Pavelić Prof. PhD - Head of the Biotechnology Department of the University of Rijeka
Topic: "Environmental Factors as the Cause of Cancer"
PANEL 3 – Global Warming (Ecological Challenges of Our Time)
09 April 2009 11:00 – 13:00 h
Moderator: Ivo Orlić Prof. PhD, executive director of the Scientific and Technology Park of the University of Rijeka
- Ivo Orlić Prof. PhD - executive director of the Scientific and Technology Park of the University of Rijeka
Topic: "An Overview of the Current Environmental Situation"
- Korado Korlević – renowned Croatian astronomer from Višnjan, Istria
Topic: "Ecological Public Lighting and Energy Efficiency"
- Ivana Herceg Bulić PhD – senior assistant at the Department of Geophysics, Faculty of Science, University of Zagreb
Topic: "Climate Change, Global Warming and their Influence in Europe"
- Marko and Višnja Vučetić – senior associates at the Croatian Hydro-meteorological Institute
Topic: "Indicators of Climate Change in our Region"