The Land Management Department implements management procedures that relate to building land owned by the City of Rijeka, as well as, to building land owned by third parties, where it is necessary to take appropriate administrative and legal procedures that enable the realisation of city projects.
The scope of activities of land management includes:
- preparation of building land for city investments and for the market with the aim of realising site plans, the city’s capital projects and other programmes,
- implementation of procedures in legal land transactions and other forms in which building land owned by the City may be settled,
- keeping land records and collecting land documentation and keeping the GIS database on land owned by the City of Rijeka,
- deciding on citizens’ request tied to capital investments and proprietary relationships on land owned by the City of Rijeka (requests for selling land, obtaining building rights and easement rights on land, letting out land on lease , recognition of ownership rights, issuing deeds of release),
- preparing ownership documents and geodetic maps, and certification of geodetic surveys for land owned or possessed by the City of Rijeka, and land manged by the City of Rijeka,
- implementing administrative procedures and monitoring legal disputes tied to land,
- representing the City of Rijeka in procedures that are held at the State Geodetic Administration and the Ministry of Justice tied to the realisation of the real estate cadastre and the renewal of land registries.
- representing the City of Rijeka in county offices as regards ownership relations on plots of land (land restitution processes, procedures relating to the issuance of site development permits at the State Geodetic Administration and the Ministry of Justice tied to the determination of possession and ownership).