Account number for regular transactions of the City of Rijeka is 2402006-1837300005 Proračun Grada Rijeke (Budget of the City of Rijeka)
PIN of the City of Rijeka – 54382731928
The Department of Finance carries out the following activities: budgeting, financial operation, accounting and bookkeeping activities, activities relating to the collection of municipal taxes and other income, financial management and control, insurance operations, activities relating to the management of the City Treasury, as a unique management, information and accounting system where income and expenses of all budget beneficiaries included in the consolidate budget of the City are projected and realised.
At the Department of Finances the following activities are carried out: budgetary transactions, financial operation, accounting and bookkeeping activities, collection of municipal taxes and other income and insurance operations.
- Budgetary transactions include planning and drafting of the City budget, liquidity monitoring, supervising budget implementation, drawing up semi-annual reports on budget implementation and annual budget calculation, proposing measures in order to balance the budget, performing the City’s borrowing procedures and making warranties, monitoring borrowings and drawing up reports on the debt balance.
- Financial operation and accounting and bookkeeping activities include daily liquidity management, implementation of expenditure and costs of the City and of the budget beneficiaries, activities of payroll calculation and payment to civil servants and employees of the City and of the Public fire-fighting brigade of the City of Rijeka, of the Youth Centre Rijeka and of the Child Centre Tić Rijeka, treasury operations, bookkeeping on the budget for the City of Rijeka, for the Public fire-fighting brigade of the City of Rijeka, for local boards and the Child Centre Tić Rijeka, keeping the prescribed analytical bookkeeping records of credits, debits and nonfinancial assets, and drawing up financial and statistical reports in accordance with financial and accounting regulations.
- The activities of collecting municipal taxes and other income include the identification of municipal taxpayers, holding tax procedures, collecting municipal taxes, and instituting and holding enforcement procedures, determining monthly obligations and collecting income deriving from sold municipal flats and taking measures for their forced collection, and holding procedures in order to collect other income in accordance with special regulations. The activities of preparing and implementing acts and other documents falling within the scope of the Department also include the preparation and implementation of the acts that regulate financial operation of the City and participation in the preparation and implementation of the strategic and other documents of the City.
- The tasks of financial management and control include the activities of establishing and developing financial management and control in accordance with regulations.
- Insurance operations include the determination of the type and scope of property insurance services and the City’s public servants and employees, supervising the fulfilment of obligations and claims under insurance, notification of claims, and undertaking measures in order to ascertain the amount of loss and indemnification.