This Department carries out professional activities relating to sports manifestations and manifestations in the field of technical culture of relevance for the City and promotes business cooperation with the Community of sports associations of the city of Rijeka, the Community of technical culture of the city of Rijeka and limited liability company owned by the City “Rijeka sport” for management, maintenance and construction of sports and other facilities.
This Department carries out activities and tasks relating to the public needs programme of the City of Rijeka in the field of sport and technical culture and activities relating to available budgetary funds of the City of Rijeka approved by scope and amount in favour of respective programmes of public needs.
More specifically, these activities and tasks include:
- establishing programming criteria, methods and conditions for allocating funds and controlling whether the approved budgetary funds are used in a purposeful manner,
- taking care of professional work, the educational and IT activities that serve to realise the public needs programme in the field of sports and technical culture,
- taking care of sports and technical culture facilities in terms of maintaining or constructing facilities important for the development of sports and technical culture in the city of Rijeka.
PROGRAMME OBJECTIVES AND FIELDS OF FINANCING
The financing of the public needs programme in the field of sport and technical culture of the City of Rijeka is based on development, organization and satisfaction of such needs, which will enable the implementation of the following goals:
- amateur sports and technical culture
- sport and technical culture facilities ownership
Business cooperation with the Community of sports associations of the city of Rijeka and the Community of Technical Culture of the city of Rijeka, as umbrella associations in the field of sports and technical culture at local level, includes all activities aimed at successful, based on law, implementation of the public needs programme in the fields of sports and technical culture and specific programmes.
- sport supporting and promoting programmes,
- part of physical training and health education of children and youth,
- activity program of the Rijeka Sport Association and the related programme boards,
- programme of training, competitions, organization of national and international tournaments,
- programmes for establishing athletes’ health conditions,
- recreational programmes for citizens,
- sport activities for disabled people,
- education and professional editorial, publishing and IT activities in sport,
- management and construction of sport facilities.
Programme fields in technical culture:
- programme aimed at encouraging and promoting technical culture,
- education and training programmes for children and youth aimed at acquiring technical, technological and IT knowledge and skills,
- special educational programs for talented and handicapped children and youth aimed at acquiring technical, technological and IT knowledge and skills,
- employees retraining and additional qualification programmes and those promoting inventive work,
- programmes for promoting technological innovations (exhibitions, fairs, shows),
- equipment procurement and maintenance of technical culture related facilities which are of relevance for the City of Rijeka.
Organisation and sport programme activity
In accordance with legal guidelines the Department of sports cooperates with the Community of sports associations of the city of Rijeka “Rijeka Sports Federation” and Rijeka sports clubs in addressing any issues tied to their activity.
Cooperation with the Rijeka Sports Federation implies receiving proposals when drawing up the strategy for the Public Needs Programme, following and supervising programme realisation, drawing up and implementing regulations, as well as, any other issues tied to problems in sports.
When realising the Sports Programme in the city of Rijeka, the results achieved by sports associations and individuals are taken into account, as well as, mass presence when working with younger age groups, which in addition to the categorisation of sports branches and the categorisation of sports associations within the respective sports branch, serve as the staring point in the process in which the co-financing rate for sports association programme activities is fixed.