ECOMOBILITY (Ecological Supporting for Traffic Management in Coastal Areas by using an Intelligent System) is a project oriented to challenges of the Adriatic Sea, namely how to manage land and marine transport in the coastal area while protecting the environment and maintaining the development of the economy, commerce and tourism.
Promoting innovation in key transport segments in coastal areas, and their ecological approach in order to improve the ecological sustainability of land and marine transport. After the initial phase in which the impact of 6 different particle sizes caused by marine transport have been tested, Ecomobility will develop a smart tool by collecting the environmental data from monitoring stations located around the cities and streaming the information to traffic management bodies in real time enabling them to start appropriate activities whereby they will be able to influence the process of reducing pollution.
- Measurement of pollution caused by marine transport of 6 particle sizes and specific chemicals simultaneously (such as metals and carbon)
- Use of collected data in real time through a tool developed for the competent traffic institutions in order to be able to adjust timely the inflow of vehicles, depending on the level of pollution
- Development of an application for marine transport users so that they can plan ecological trips themselves and directly contribute to reducing pollution
- Ca`Foscari University of Venice, Italy
- Veneto Region, Italy
- Institute of Atmospheric science and climate of National research council, CNR – ISAC, Italy
- Faculty of Medicine, University of Rijeka – Department of Health Ecology / Teaching Institute of Public Health of the Primorje – Gorski Kotar County Croatia
- City of Rijeka, Croatia
Financed under: Interreg Italy – Croatia
- Total project value: € 830,000.00
- Funded under the programme: € 705,500.00
- Budget of the City of Rijeka: € 156,500.00
Project duration: 1 January 2018 – 30 June 2019 (18 months)
Official project website: http://www.italy-croatia.eu/sites/default/files/ecomobility_27768917_0.pdf