REVIVAL – Revitalization and Reuse of the lost heritage in the Adriatic landscape
Revitalization and Reuse of the lost heritage in the Adriatic landscape
In many Italian and Croatian cities and towns involved in REVIVAL, there are many dismissed areas, buildings (e.g. summer camps, schools, barracks, military fortifications) and industrial complexes that have architectural and historical significance and represent extraordinary examples of industrial archaeology, rationalist and modern architecture or various military fortifications and bunkers built during the 20th century. This is an almost totally lost heritage, that today must be re-discovered, revitalized and reused for the purpose of tourism and culture that will widen the tourist offer of the cities and will have a positive impact on the realisation of Priority Axis 3: Environment and cultural heritage; specific goal 3.1: Improvement in the protection system and cultural and natural heritage management for sustainable and balanced territorial development.
The following will be the project results:
- for future users and visitors, in a safe way, make available publicly owned buildings / military forts / property (at least one per city / area involved)
- raise awareness and attention of local authorities, policy makers, potential investors about the problem of neglecting this form of heritage, as well as economic and cultural potential.
- promotion of a new type of tourism offer that could become a common cross-border brand and link into a new tourism route.
- search for potential investors for private and public purposes.
Lead Partner: Municipality of Forli
Partners: Municipality of Campobasso (IT), municipality of Cesenatico (IT), Municipality of Pesaro (IT), Municipality of Rijeka (CRO), Municipality of Zadar (CRO), Public Institution RERA for coordination and development of the Split and Dalmatia County (CRO), University of Zadar (CRO)
Italy – Croatia 2014-2020 INTERREG V-A, cross-border cooperation programme
- Environment and cultural heritage
1 Jan. 2019 – 30 June 2021 (30 months)
- Total value: 1,825,035.00 €
- Budget of the City of Rijeka: 180,395.00 €
- European Reginal Development Fund Grant: 136,127.50 €