The Third Reading Age
The project aims to strengthen the reading culture of older people with the use of new communication technologies.
1 Sept. 2020 – 31 Aug 2022
The programme aims to facilitate, encourage, and rethink reading of older people in the 21st century.
The main goal of this project is to increase of accessibility to new communication technologies for older adults and develop the reading culture among citizens aged 60+. In this context it is very important to develop competences for educators and library staff working with older adults so they can adapt their teaching to their local context and learner needs. Furthermore, within the project new educational materials and resources aimed at activating older adults in the digital space will be developed.
Participants in educational activities, animation workshops and trainings will master: the basics of using e-books and their possibilities, running and maintaining a creative internet blog and designing an e-reading club.
- Developing an online reading curriculum for the older people
- Developing an online platform for the implementation of education and education of the general population on how to use online library services
- Drawing up manuals for educators and library staff working with older people
- Rijeka Civic Library, leading partner
- Dante Adult Education Institution from Rijeka,
- GLAFKA, the Czech Republic
- Sdruzhenie Yuni Partners, Bulgaria
- ArtSmart, Latvia
- Unione of Romagna Faentina, Italy
EU co-financing: EUR 187,066 (100% co-financing)
Erasmus +, key activity “Strategic Partnerships in Higher Education”
For more information please contact
Rijeka City Library