Aiming to increase mobility and the social integration of people with disabilities in this regard, over the past years, the City of Rijeka carried out a number of activities, realising sidewalk disabled ramps, wheelchair ramps to access buildings, acoustic signals at crossroads, providing parking lots for disabled people and library services for blind and visually impaired people.
In February 2011, the mayor of Rijeka signed the Charter of Accessibility to public spaces for people with disabilities. By signing the Charter the city expresses its commitment to removing the existing spatial barriers and to promoting the accessibility of public spaces for people with disabilities and with systematic measures its readiness to support the creation of an environment where public spaces, public services and communications will be, to a largest degree, accessible to all the citizens of Croatian cities.
- Accessibility of local boards for people with disabilities
- List of sign language videos
- Accessibility of the tourist offer
- Accessible buildings and premises for people with disabilities
- Acoustic signals at traffic lights controlled crossroads
- Adapting public telephone boxes
- Handrails and curb ramps
- Library services for people with disabilities
- Parking places for people with disabilities
- Pilot project “Let us take photos let us remove …2013/2014”
- Public sanitary facilities for people with disabilities
- The lives of people with disabilities in buildings
- Transport for people with disabilities and children with developmental difficulties