Croatian citizens having residence in the territory of Rijeka and foreign nationals and persons without citizenship, having permanent residence in the territory of the city of Rijeka and asylum seekers and foreigners having residence in the territory of Rijeka with approved international protection can benefit from certain rights contained in the Decision of Social Welfare (refund of costs and subsidies) if they belong to one of the following categories of citizens:
- beneficiaries of the right to the guaranteed minimum compensation granted by the Social Welfare Centre Rijeka (social condition),
- beneficiaries of the right to a personal disability benefit or an invalid care allowance granted by the Social Welfare Centre Rijeka (social condition),
- single-person households or multi-person households with income below the city thresholds (income condition),
- single-parent families or households (single parent condition),
- pensioners receiving pensions that are lower than the city threshold (retirement income condition)
- people aged 65 or older without any income (condition of older inactive persons)
- war victims and their family members (special condition),
- people with long–term body impairments who also have a more severe or a severe disability – impairment of functional abilities (condition body impairment),
- voluntary blood donors (condition of blood donation),
- beneficiaries of the child allowance (condition of the child allowance),
- foster parents of an underage child without suitable parent care (condition of adoption).
Through e-Adviser, social programme of the City of Rijeka, citizens may get to know whether they can become beneficiaries of any type of assistance and how to obtain such rights.