The City Council of the City of Rijeka has given its consent to the utility company “Vodovod i kanalizacija” so that it may take out a loan in order to realise one of the largest projects in the water utility industry in Croatia financed by the Cohesion Fund of the EU.

Utility company “Vodovod i kanalizacija” to take a loan from Erste&Steiermarkische bank

The City Council of the City of Rijeka has granted its consent to the utility company “Vodovod i kanalizacija” so that it may take out a loan in the amount of HRK 134,687,000.00 from Erste&Steiermarkische bank, in order to co-finance  the project “Improvement in Water and Utility Infrastructure” in the territory of the Rijeka agglomeration and it includes the territories of the city of Rijeka and the town of Kastav and the municipalities of Viškovo, Čavle and Jelenje. This is one of the largest projects in the water utility industry in the territory of the Republic of Croatia. It has been estimated that the project value amounts to HRK 1,761,563,000 (VAT excluded). The project will be co-financed by the Cohesion Fund of the EU with 71.3%, i.e. HRK 1.25 billion. The remaining 28.7%, namely about HRK 505 million, will be provided from national resources. About 36.7% by funds of the entity “Hrvatske vode” (Croatian water), and 36.7 % by funds allocated in the state budget.

Providing the public service of collecting mixed municipal waste and biodegradable municipal waste and services linked to the public service in the territory of the city of Rijeka

The City Council has modified the Decision on the manner of providing the public service of collecting mixed municipal waste and biodegradable municipal waste and services linked to the public service in the territory of the city of Rijeka. This Decision lays down that household waste is collected in standardised plastic or metal containers for collecting municipal waste having a volume of 80 l, 120 l, 240 l, 1.100 l, 2.000 l, 3.000 l and 5.000 l.

Davorka Guštin has been re-nominated as director of the entity “Dječji vrtić Rijeka”, while the City Council after brief discussion and motions has approved all the business reports for 2017 submitted by utility companies.