Removal of electrical and electronic devices which weight exceeds 30 kg
For any kind of waste from electrical and electronic devices and equipment which overall mass exceeds 30 kg, citizens may request a free removal service:
- By contacting the national concessionaire for the collection of electrical waste, FLORA VTC company (for the entire territory of the Republic of Croatia)
- By contacting Frigomatic, a contractual partner of the national concessionaire for the Primorje-Gorski Kotar Couty and the Istria county
Free removal of large household appliances in Rijeka is carried out by the company Metis. It can be ordered by calling toll-free number 0800 0051 and filling out an online form available on the website of Metis.
EE, waste collector is required to take over waste within 20 days following the call.
Personal waste drop off recycling centres
Electrical and electronic waste can be disposed of at the recycling centres of the utility company Čistoća, and small EE waste can be additionally disposed of at mobile recycling centres.
Personal disposal in shops
- If you buy an electronic or electrical device, the shop is obliged to take over EE waste according to the “one for one” principle.
- If the shop has halogen bulbs, fluorescent and other types of energy-saving bulbs in its sales programme, it is obliged to take them over free of charge, without obligation to buy, regardless of the manufacturer and bulb type.
- If the retail shop has more than 400 square meters of sales area for EE equipment, within its business premises it is obliged to ensure the collection of EE waste sized up to 25 centimetres free of charge and without obligation to buy. The seller is obliged to inform the end user about a drop off possibility or the obligation to take over EE waste by placing a label in a visible place at the customers’ entrance or in a prominent place at the cash register with a sticker or stand (We take over EE waste) and if necessary explain the manner and conditions of take-over
- The service technician is obliged to pick up EE equipment free of charge within his business premises, for which it is established that repair is not possible or is unprofitable.
Additional information on electronic and electronic waste and other useful information is available on the website of the Environmental Protection and Energy Efficiency Fund.