Rijeka primarily wants to be a city where people feel good, have fast and quality support from the city administration, high quality educational institutions and child care, programmes dedicated to young people, recognisable and relevant contemporary cultural contents.
Rijeka is recognised as a city of contemporary culture, city leader in public services digitalisation and a city with great hospitals and an advanced university. Rijeka will focus on providing quality services to citizens, and as the administration on being further progressive, fast and humane. At the time of increased mobility, the goal is to keep people in Rijeka and attract smart and educated young people. The precondition for development in the digital economy are educated people, and Rijeka wants to attract, retain or create them.
When drawing up the development plan the following issues are taken into consideration: social events and participation in city life, services provided by the city administration, culture, education, health, sports, social services, smart city management.
The following are the topics covered by this segment:
- Young people,
- Senior citizens,
- Citizens with disabilities,
- Socially disadvantaged citizens,
- Connecting citizens, small initiatives in the community,
- Cooperation and communication between the city administration and citizens,
- Organisation of the activity of the city administration and
Workshop with the professional public
PARTICIPANTS IN THE WORKSHOP “LIVING IN RIJEKA”
On 10 November 2020, the workshop titled “Living in Rijeka in 2030” was held as part of the strategic planning process for the development of the City of Rijeka in the next period and the needs to draw up the Development Plan of the City of Rijeka 2021-2027 in the context of the quality of social services and city management.
The workshop addressed the topics of cultural contents and sports activities in the city, the quality of health and social services and infrastructure, educational opportunities, lifelong learning and civic education. These topics were addressed in a form of group work and discussion through three issues related to:
- challenges and needs in relation to the topic
- vision and opportunities for the development of the segment
- identified key projects and activities to achieve the desired direction of development
The key and common conclusion of all stakeholders is that in the context of social services it is necessary to further ensure that all citizens have equal access and an opportunity to participate in social life and quality services.
The projects aimed at improving social services in Rijeka related to health and social services, contents of the cultural offer, sports activities and educational opportunities can be classified as projects that contribute to effective communication between stakeholders, investment in infrastructure and a comprehensive approach to services development. The key conclusion of the workshop “Living in Rijeka” refers to the need for horizontal and vertical sectoral connections that would enable exchange of information, knowledge and development of new cooperation and interdisciplinary management of city development. This primarily refers to the connection of the education sector with the economic sector, sectors that are identified as key attractive factors for living in a particular environment, which level of development and networking directly affects citizens’ professional and private growth and development.
WORKSHOP PARTICIPANTS INCLUDED:
- Slaviša Bradić, Rijeka Sports Association
- Svetozar Nilovic, Peek & Poke Museum
- Vedran Babić, Craft InspiroLab
- Kazimir Mihić, Association of Technical Culture Rijeka
- Sanjin Francetić
- RiRock Association, a member
- Dario Zorić, Rijeka Development Agency Porin
- Iva Ribarić, Startup Incubator
- Saša Hirnig, Polytechnic of Rijeka
- Gordana Nikolić, PAR-Business Academy Rijeka
- Neven PIintarić, Student Union of the University of Rijeka
- Davorka Guštin, Dječji vrtić Rijeka (Kindergarten)
- Dunja Kučan Nikolić, Elementary School Dolac
- Paula Bogović, U.Z.O.R. Rijeka Association for Family Protection
- Hrvoje Šćulac, APOS Rijeka
- Emil Baumgartner, Rijeka Pensioners’ Association
- Nikola Serdarević, Terra Association
- Irene Ujčić Rob, Association for Physically Disabled People of the city of Rijeka
- Zlatko Kolić, MEDICO Special Hospital
- Social self-service “Bread of St. Elizabeth
- Antonija Stojanović Almesberger, Lori Association