The City of Rijeka endeavours in various ways to provide safe life to third agers, either by launching its own initiatives, projects and programmes or by supporting other institutions and associations in such attempts.
Here below we have specified only some initiatives and programmes implemented in order to increase the security of movement in the city of disabled people and those in the third age and to support the programmes that influence the creation of a safe environment in one’s own home:
- low-floor buses of the utility company Autotrolej to guarantee safety when getting on and off the bus
- specialised transport for people who use a wheelchair
- stairs and entrance handrails, etc.
- accessible facilities
- useful advice on how to raise housing safety in apartment buildings can be found in the brochure titled “A guide providing useful advice on safe, quality and economic dwelling“, that is available on the website of the Croatian Association of tenants and co-owners of buildings.
- Information aimed at increasing personal security can be obtained at the information centre for the prevention of delinquency of the city of Rijeka.
- Alert system “Hello help” – as a modern form of care for older people and disabled at their home.