The City Council shall establish standing and provisional committees and other working bodies in order to analyse and consider single issues and prepare draft decisions and other bylaws pertaining to its scope, as well as to express its opinions and motions relating to other issues on the agenda of City Council sessions.
The following are the City Council Standing Committees:
- Committee for Healthcare and Social Welfare
- Urban and Physical Planning Committee
- Committee for the Statute, the Rules of Procedure and Regulations
- Committee for Sports and Technical Culture
- Gender Equality Committee
- Budget and Finance Committee
- Transport Committee
- Committee for Preschool Education
- National Minorities Committee
- Local Self-government Committee
- Committee for Interurban and International Cooperation
- Committee for Culture
- Committee for Municipal Economy
- Committee for the Public Awards of the City of Rijeka
- Committee for Selection, Appointments and Releases
- Committee for the Economy and the Development of the City of Rijeka
The composition, number of members, scope and manner of operation of the committees are determined by the City Council Rules of Procedure.
By its decision, the City Council may establish other standing or provisional committees as well as other working bodies.
The composition, number of members, scope and manner of operation of the Committee for the Public Awards of the City of Rijeka are determined by the City Council decision that regulates public awards.