Through a free individualised programme lasting for eight months the Startup Incubator enables its beneficiaries:
- Business premises with fast internet access for a year, free of charge
- Mentorship support when developing a business idea
- Education through lectures and workshops
- Assistance when preparing, validating and implementing business plans
- Assistance when preparing prototypes with innovative concepts and commercial potential
- Linkage with potential investors
- Participation in national and international startup events
- Pecuniary prizes for the best teams
The Startup Incubator forms an integral part of the Department of Entrepreneurship of the City of Rijeka.
The Startup Incubator Rijeka started its operation in February 2013, with the aim of supporting the development of new business ideas. From the beginning until 2018, the incubator was intended for natural persons aged up to 30, however with the 10th generation of beneficiaries that started incubation in November 2018, the age limit was cancelled.
The programme and activities of the Startup Incubator are realised in co-operation with partners: Rijeka Development Agency PORIN, the University of Rijeka, the Polytechnic of Rijeka, the High School of Business PAR and the University of Pula Juraj Dobrila.