Nowadays, the most widespread chronic diseases that are not contagious represent a priority health problem. These diseases include diseases of the circulatory system and malignant diseases (carcinoma), which for many years have been the most frequent causes of death of Rijeka citizens, as well as of European citizens. Therefore, the City of Rijeka provides assistance to organizations that deal with citizens health education about the factors that contribute to the development of these diseases and it provides assistance to people who now suffer from them.
- City association of the Red cross Rijeka, Red Cross centre – health education in the premises of the local boards
- Association of women operated for breast cancer “Nada/Hope”, Rijeka – breast cancer early detection and psycho – social assistance
- Faculty of Medicine, Rijeka
– Institute of anatomy – prevention of diabetes and osteoporosis
– Institute of general pathology and pathological anatomy – collection of bio samples in order to study different types of tumours and biological samples