Psychosocial support implies rehabilitation that encourages the development of cognitive, functional, communication or social abilities among the population of users. It is provided to children with developmental disabilities, to disabled adults, addicts, victims of domestic violence and other persons, as necessary.
- Musical stimulation for children suffering from hearing and speech impairments – Daily rehabilitation centre Slava Raškaj
- Extra institutional workshop for disabled children and youth – Association of people suffering from poliomyelitis and cerebral palsy
- Workshop “Stvara(j)mo zajedno/Let us create together” for children with developmental disorders – Society for psychotherapy cybernetics
- Creative workshops for people with multiple sclerosis – Multiple sclerosis society
- Comprehensive care of disabled in the community – Association for assistance to people with mental retardation
- Parent Support Groups and workshops for children with Down syndrome – Association for Down syndrome – Rijeka 21
- Workshop Moj posebni prijatelj/My special friend – Early Intervention Centre OKOlonaOKOlo
- Hydro-kinesiotherapy for children with developmental disorders and disabled – Swimming club Forca
- Therapeutic riding – Association Pegaz
- Psychosocial assistance to children without parents, children neglected by their parents, or whose parents abuse their parental duties
- Psychosocial treatment of a perpetrator of domestic violence
- Resocialisation and additional training of women – victims of violence
- Pensioners clubs
- Destigmatisation of people with mental illness
- Camp for young people living in socially disadvantaged families
- Tete pričalice/Storytellers for children undergoing treatment at Kantrida hospital
Consultation and assistance
Professional assistance to an individual and/or a family in order to overcome difficulties and create conditions for keeping and developing personal possibilities and a responsible behaviour of an individual towards oneself, one’s own family and society, namely in order to improve family relations and make a family capable of adequate everyday functioning.
- Advisory work for children without parents, children neglected by their parents, or whose parents abuse their parental duties,
- Counselling centre and shelter for victims of domestic violence
- Centre for psychosocial assistance to victims of war
Professional incentivising assistance to children up to the completion of 3 years, at most up to the age of 7, where aberration in development has been established, or developmental risk, developmental difficulties, and professional and advisory assistance to their family members.
- Early work-therapy and physiotherapeutic interventions through the general practice service in Rijeka – Rehabilitation Centre Fortica Kraljevica
- Development Counselling Centre “Korak naprijed/A step forward” – encouraging children with special needs – Early Intervention Centre OKOlonaOKOlo
- Education of parents having children with developmental disturbances and disabled children – association Dira
- Early child intervention relating to children with autistic spectrum disorders
Providing full-day and half-day sojourn programmes, during which beneficiaries can meet their living needs, they are provided with meal services, and have a possibility to keep personal hygiene, health care, maintenance, education, care, work activities, psychosocial rehabilitation, organise their free time, organise transport services, depending on the established priorities of the beneficiary and his/her choice.
- Home for mentally ill adults Turnić – Daily sojourn
- Children’s Home Tić Rijeka – within its half-day sojourn programme it offers professional psychosocial assistance, primarily to children without parents, children abused by their parents or those whose parents abuse their parental duties
Temporary or long-term accommodation implies providing housing services, meals, care, health care, social work, psychosocial rehabilitation, physical therapy, work therapies, work activities, spending time in an active manner, education, depending on the established needs of the beneficiary and his/her choice.
- Psychiatric hospital Lopača
- St. Ana – Caritas home for women and children – victims of domestic violence
- Refuge for victims of domestic violence – U.Z.O.R.
- Homeless shelter Roses of St. Francis
- Homeless shelter “Oaza”
Distribution of meals and clothes
- Meal services (dinner) for pensioners – Association of pensioners of the city of Rijeka
- Asylum of the Association of the sisters of mercy of St Vinko Paulski
- Social self-service “The bread of St. Elisabeth”
- City association of the Red Cross Rijeka
- Muslim voluntary society “Merhamet – Red crescent moon”
- Caritas of the Archdiocese of Rijeka