Project objective: increasing and improving the skills and entrepreneurial competences in the field of new technology, innovative products, services or processes and social innovations.
CERIecon – „CENTRAL EUROPE Regional Innovation Ecosystems Network“
Project duration: 36 months (01 June 2016 – 31 May 2019)
Project summary: CERIecon – „CENTRAL EUROPE Regional Innovation Ecosystems Network“ focuses on making Central Europe more competitive through improvement of skills and entrepreneurial competences for advancing economic and social innovation.
During project lifetime 7 interlinked new-type comprehensive innovation ecosystems i.e. centres of excellence (Playparks) will be established, one in every project region, including Rijeka region.
At least 30 start-ups and young SMEs will take part in comprehensive training in each Playpark (project total +210). The most successful among them will take part in joint training at other regional Playparks within the network and pitch their ideas at transnational Playpark Finals.
An entrepreneurial culture will be developed and fostered so that more and more young females and males are inspired to become entrepreneurs and develop their own firms. Skills and entrepreneurial competences of start-ups and young SMEs will be improved and a significant advancement will be achieved in economic and social innovation in Central Europe thus making cities and regions in CE “better places to work and live”.
- Adopting strategies and action plans for new-type comprehensive regional innovation ecosystems (Playparks) and transnational innovation network to interlink the ecosystems
- Implementation of 7 Playparks and transnational innovation network
- Improvement of skills and entrepreneurial competences of SMEs in CE regions
- Vienna Board of Education, European Office, Austria
- Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria
- Region of Veneto – Section for Labour, Italy
- ENAIP Veneto Social Enterprise, Italy
- Sttutgart Region Economic Development Corporation, Germany
- Sttutgart Media University, Germany
- The City of Bratislava, Slovakia
- Slovak Business Agency, Slovakia
- City of Rijeka, Croatia
- STEP RI d.o.o., Croatia
- Statutory City of Brno, municipal district Brno-stred, Czech Republic
- The Chamber of Commerce of the Czech Republic, Czech Republic
- Municipality of Krakow – Krakow Municipal Office, Poland
- Cracow Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Poland
- Young Entrepreneurs Association of Slovakia, Slovakia
- I-Europa, s.r.o., Slovakia
- Kraków Technology Park, Poland
- Marshal Office of the Małopolska Region (Department of Economic Development), Poland
- Cracow University of Technology, Technology Transfer Centre, Poland
- INNOAGH Sp. z o.o. Cracow Centre of Innovative Technologies, Poland
- City of Stuttgart, Economic Development Department, Germany
- Cracow University of Economics – Department of Entrepreneurship and Innovativeness, Poland
- Centre for Social Innovation, Austria
- Ca’ Foscari University – Department of Management, Italy
Financed under: Interreg Central Europe Programme
Project budget: 3,112,975.00 €
Programme Co-financing: 2,558,255.75 €
City of Rijeka budget: 97,690.00 €