Project Title: Creative Start Up
Strengthening creative industries’ entrepreneurial capacities in the crossborder region.
Duration: January 2014. – June 2015.
“Creative Start Up” project addresses the problem of insufficient exploitation of the creative sector’s potentials in the crossborder region, it offers a platform for developing a problem solution over four years of joint activity:
- analysis of creative industries in crossborder region (SWAT analyses, mapping the region),
- education activities (workshops aimed at raising the sector’s capacities, setting up a network of mentors and education visits),
- presentation activities (Rijeka Creative Fair, International conference, presenting Rijeka designers and creative individuals at fairs in Ljubljana and Graz, crossborder creative festival) and
- drawing up strategic documents (drawing up the strategy and development plan of creative industries, preparing a curriculum titled I-Arts (interdisciplinary Arts).
- City of Rijeka, lead partner
- Regional Development Agency Porin
- Croatian Chamber of Commerce – County Chamber Rijeka
- Academy of Applied Arts, Rijeka
- High School of Design, associated member of the University of Primorska
- Scientific and Research Centre of the University of Primorska
- Regional Development Agency of the urban region of Ljubljana
Total project budget: EUR 411.369,61
EU funding: EUR 344.812,56
Budget of the City of Rijeka: about EUR 100,000.00
IPA Crossborder Cooperation Programme between Slovenia and Croatia