Title: Reconstruction and conversion of ‘Facilities 14’ into the Torpedo Production Park – a technological and educational incubator for entrepreneurs
European Regional Development Fund
The project scope is to expand the system of existing entrepreneurial incubators in the City of Rijeka and to increase the quality and services that they offer by setting up an incubator – “Torpedo Production Park”, advanced entrepreneurial supporting infrastructure whereby enabling to:
- increase the competitiveness of small and medium-sized entrepreneurs of the Primorje- Gorski Kotar County and beyond,
- increase the number of newly established companies
- increase the survival rate of the newly established SMEs.
- reconstruction of the existing industrial Facilities 14 and starting “The Torpedo Production Park“ – technological and educational incubator for entrepreneurs aimed specifically to innovative companies in the production sector and related activities.
- Equipping the “Torpedo Production Park” with modern equipment based on additive technologies that will enable SMEs easier access to high-quality services of the entrepreneurial incubator and improve their business and entrepreneurial results and skills
- Transfer of knowledge by establishing new educational programmes.
The project of the Reconstruction and Conversion of Facilities 14 into the PRODUCTION PARK TORPEDO, technological and educational incubator for entrepreneurs was approved under the European Structural and Investment Fund in the financial period 2014-2020, namely the European Regional Development Fund and Agreement No. KK.03.1.2.01.0047. The signatories to the Agreement are the Ministry of Economy, Entrepreneurship and Crafts as a Level 1 Intermediate Body (PT1), the Central Finance and Contracting Agency for EU Programmes and Projects as a Level 2 Intermediate Body (PT2) and the City of Rijeka as a grant beneficiary.
The project partners are the City of Rijeka, lead partner and Porin, Rijeka Development Agency, partner. Project associates are “Juraj Dobrila”, University of Pula, the Office for Technology Transfer of the University of Rijeka, the Centre for Material Research of the County of Istria METRIS, STEP RI Science and Technology Park of the University of Rijeka.
- Managing the project
- Preparing and implementing public procurement procedures
- Reconstruction and conversion of the existing Facilities 14
- Basic equipment and specialized technological equipment
- Preparation of the programmatic and staff bases for the operation of the “Torpedo Production Park”, technological and educational incubator for entrepreneurs.
Advertising and visibility
Expected project results:
- reconstructed the existing Facilities 14, converted into the “Torpedo Production Park” technological and educational incubator for entrepreneurs – of a total net useful area of 1,557.34 sq., with 21 functional spatial units (of which 16 incubation units for future incubator residents – 10 existing SMEs, operating longer than 3 years and 6 SMEs business starters),
- procured specialized technological equipment and software for the application of additive technologies and for the needs of computer modelling and reverse engineering, and fulfilled conditions for the provision of specialised services to SMEs,
- provided programmatic and staff preconditions for starting the operation of the “Torpedo Production Park” immediately after the project has been completed,
- the general public and target project groups have been informed about the project goals and results.
The project of the “Torpedo Production Park”, technological and educational incubator for entrepreneurs enables the expansion of the existing incubator system in Rijeka. In addition to the standard use of business and production space and consulting, information and education of entrepreneurs, the Torpedo Production Park, thanks to a combination of goals, provides entrepreneurs with access to advanced technologies so that they can improve their business, which increases their competitiveness, the number of start-ups and the survival rate of SMEs.
- Total project value: HRK 22,691,480.39,
- grants amount to HRK 19,300,747.06.
Financed under: Structural Funds – European Regional Development Fund – Operational Program Competitiveness and Cohesion
Duration: 1 October 1 2017 – 1 January 2021
Porin, Rijeka Development Agency
Tel: 051 634 336