Project goal: increase employability of vulnerable groups in the market through the preparation and implementation of local initiatives in order to encourage employment harmonised with local needs and strategic priorities.
Project duration: 14 May 2018 – 14 October 2020
The following are the specific project goals:
- enable effective implementation of the HR Development Strategy of the Primorje – Gorski Kotar County from 2015 to 2020 and
- provide sustainable functioning of the Local Partnership of the Primorje – Gorski Kotar County.
The project is aimed at the following target groups:
- Vulnerable groups, i.e. unemployed and long-term unemployed young people aged up to 29 years, people above 29 years, women, people above 50 years and older, national minorities and members of other vulnerable groups, to whom additional training is provided in order to gain skills and competencies in the labour market and entre the entrepreneurial world.
- Representatives of members and employees of the Local Partnership for Employment of the Primorje – Gorski Kotar County.
The project goal is investment in partnership in order to further strengthen the capacities of the Local Partnership for Employment of the Primorje – Gorski Kotar County and project management capacity, sustainable functioning of partnership supported by more effective project and EU fund management and the development of documents for partnership functioning. Owing to this, trust among partners is improved and strengthened and innovative ideas are created for target groups and the entire local community.
The expected project results include overall 145 target group persons where:
- 85 are included in the vulnerable groups, who will be more professional, more competent and more educated in the labour market, and for self-employment, out of which 40 will represent newly set up companies after self-employment and 20 newly employed persons.
- 60 strengthened representatives and employees of the members of the Local Partnership for Employment of the Primorje – Gorski Kotar County and its sustainable functioning. out of which 34 are employees of institutions members and 26 are representatives of the members of the Local Partnership for employment of the Primorje – Gorski Kotar County.
- Element 1: Interventions in the labour market, it includes the development and implementation of the education and training programme for unemployed target group members in the local labour market, strengthening and motivating members of vulnerable groups to activate themselves and enter the labour world, development and implementation of adjusted employment services;
- Element 2: Encouraging entrepreneurship, it includes the promotion and strengthening of entrepreneurial awareness through educational activities for unemployed people, encouraging entrepreneurship by offering support in self-employment and providing support after setting up a company;
- Element 3: Sustainable functioning of the Local Partnership for Employment of the Primorje –Gorski Kotar County through its integrated development (Strategy review, identification of professions in short supply, development of tools for monitoring the needs of the IT sector, training and motivation of employees of its members), networking and functioning of the Local Partnership for Employment of the Primorje – Gorski Kotar County for its appropriateness and positioning, cooperation, partnership, coordination, networking, strategic thinking and action, prioritising needs and projects and contributing to the results of the efficient implementation of the Strategy and its sustainable functioning;
- Promotion and visibility
- Project management and administration.
- Rijeka Development Agency ”Porin“, project developer
- City of Rijeka
- University of Rijeka
- Centre of Technical Culture Rijeka
- Croatian Chamber of Commerce – County Chamber Rijeka
- Croatian Crafts Chamber – Crafts Chamber of the Primorje – Gorski Kotar County
- Viškovo Municipality
- Croatian Employment Service – Regional Office Rijeka
- Total project value: HRK 2,000,000 (100 % EU financing)
Financed under: Structural funds – European Social Fund – Operational programme Efficient Human Resources 2014 – 2020
Competent authority: The Ministry of Labour and the Pension System within the competition of the Local initiative for encouraging employment-phase III, Component 2 (UP.01.3.1.01)
Official website: https://www.lpz-pgz.com/o-projektu/