The representatives of the City of Rijeka took part in the activity of the task force for e-Inclusion at the Knowledge Society Forum organised within Eurocities, network of major European cities. The goals set by the Form and the task force for e-Inclusion are aimed at enabling every citizens to benefit from new technology conveniences.
The e-Inclusion project was implemented in 2007 and 2008. The Task Force for e-Inclusion was chaired by the Municipality of the Hague and vice-chaired by the City of Birmingham.
The goals of the Task Force:
Realisation of “the information society for all” and promotion of e-Inclusion in order to:
- enable every person who wishes so to be entirely included in the information society, in spite of individual or social difficulties
- use new technology with the aim of promoting inclusion and social cohesion
- offer personalised approach towards new technology and surpass limitations or divisions, taking into account the differences, propensities and requests of an individual
- offer support to cities, in the realisation of e-Inclusion through the activities that they are engaged in
– Digital competencies
– Social and cultural inclusion
– Inclusive e-Government
- develop recommendation for the policies that enable the development of an inclusive knowledge society.
Task force members:
In addition to Rijeka, the Hague and Birmingham, the following cities also took part in the activity of the task force: Antwerp, Bologna, Ghent, Kingston-upon-Hull, Rotterdam, Sunderland, Tallinn, Turin and Vienna.